REGISTRATION FOR SPRING 2020 IS OPEN
Please review the information below to make sure you have the information needed to complete the registration.
If you have any questions, please email us at
- Logging in as a Returning Member - Families will often have more than one account associated with a player. If you're having trouble logging into the system, please try using your spouse's email address or an alternate email should you have one. The online registration system uses the email address that was used for the last season's registration.
- IMPORTANT – if you cannot remember the password for your existing account, DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT. Click the “Forgot Password?” option. Creating duplicate accounts for parents and players causes several issues.
- Renewing your US Lacrosse Membership - All players are required to have a US Lacrosse Membership valid through May 30, 2020. If you do not have valid membership, the registration process will redirect you to the US Lacrosse Website. Alternatively you can go directly to the US Lacrosse website to renew your membership.
NOTE: If you forgot your password and have difficulty with the "Forgot Password" functionality on the US Lacrosse website, please call US Lacrosse at 1-410-235-6882 for help
- US Lacrosse Membership - To complete the registration, each player will need a valid US Lacrosse Membership. The registration process will redirect you to the US Lacrosse website to set up your membership, or you can go to their site directly.
- Proof of Date of Birth - New players will be required to electronically upload a copy of a government issued document to confirm a player’s date of birth. This document can be a birth certificate or passport or the equivalent.
- Registrations without a proof of birth will not be accepted so make sure you have it available before starting the registration process.
- Payment at the time of registration is required. If payment is not received, the registration information will be deleted.
- If a player drops out before tryouts, player will receive a refund less a processing fee of $25.
- If a player elects not to participate after tryouts have begun, player will receive a refund less a processing fee of $50.
- Once tryouts have occurred and teams announced, any player electing not to participate will receive a refund less a processing fee of $100.
- After the first two (2) weeks of practice there is NO refund.
- If a player drops before the first practice there will be a refund less a processing fee of $25.
- After the first two (2) weeks of practice, there is NO refund.
Waitlised players will be cleared from the waitlist as positions become available and based on a number of factors including the number of years with the Riptide and performance ranking at evaluations. The waitlist will not necessarily be cleared based on the date of registration.
NEW FOR SPRING 2020
Uniforms will not be processed at part of registration for the 2020 Spring Season. Due to the discontinuation of uniform style and desire to abide by uniform regulation policies, all U10-U14 players will be required to purchase a new uniform for the Spring 2020 Season. A Riptide Store will be opened in December to allow for uniform size selection. Additional player gear and Riptide apparel will also be available for purchase at this time. All U8 Players will not be required to purchase a uniform, but instead will be provided a reversible pinney.
The success of the San Francisco Lacrosse Club heavily depends on club-wide volunteers. As a member of the Riptide community, you will be asked to volunteer at some point throughout the season. There are many opportunities to volunteer:
-Head or Assistant Coach
-Game Day Score Keeper/Time Keeper/Sideline Manager
-Assist with Check-ins at Evaluations
-Goal Maintenance (Stringing/Moving Cages)
When you register your player, you will be asked to select one of these options. If a time committment is a challenge for you, there is an opt-out fee (per family) of $100 which can be paid at registration.